Holding more than a decade long experience in the field of Information Security & Cyber Crime Investigation, Falgun Rathod presently works as the Managing Director at Cyber Octet Pvt. Ltd. His expertise lies across a wide spectrum of cyber security, that includes perimeter defense, vulnerability discovery, secure network design, intrusion detection systems, and penetration testing.
At Cyber Octet, Falgun has worked with both startups as well as established enterprises, including working as a Consultant for State & National Security (Government Sector), bringing innovative products to market, and bridging the gap between technical and executive stakeholders. He also brings in his additional experience in positioning technology for acquisition.
Under Falgun’s leadership, the company has been listed amongst the Top 25 Promising Cyber Security Companies of India by the prestigious Silicon India Magazine. In addition, they have been listed in the Top 10 Cyber Cops of India by the India Today Magazine, in the Top 10 Certified Hackers of India, by yet again, Silicon India, and endowed with such other accolades. Cyber Octet’s certifications include Certified Achievements in Basic and Advance Security in Field by United Nations (Department of Safety and Security), Certified 100W-OperationalSecurity (OPSEC) for Control Systems by Homeland Security (US Department of Defense and ICS-CERT), and Certified 210W-Cybersecurity for Industrial Control Systems by Homeland Security (US Department of Defense and ICS-CERT).
From being the first Indian to be featured on the Cover Page of PenTest Magazine , to being a Mentor at BugsXploration – India’s First Platform for Bug Bounty and Training, speaking at Club Hack 2012, being the Chief Guest and Keynote Speaker at HATCON 2012, and being invited as a guest in multitude of Colleges for various FDPs and events, Mr. Falgun Rathod’s journey across the cyber world has been nothing short of interesting.
Besides these, some of his other achievements and experiences in the field have been listed below:
- Article & Paper reviewer at David Publisher Journal
- Covered in almost 6 State News Channels and 10+ Newspapers and Magazines
- Researcher on Social Engineering & SmartGrid Security
- External Guide to PhD candidates
- Invited as Delegate to Securing Gujarat International Conference
- Invited Speaker in 8 Universities & 80+ Colleges for Talk on Ethical
- Hacking & Cyber Security.
- Solved 100+ Cases of Internet Threats, Cyber Frauds Social Networking and Cybercrimes.
- 120+ Project Completed covers Web Application VA, Network PT, ISO 27001, BCP & DRP, Malware Analysis, Data Theft Protection, Privacy & Securing Critical Assets, Configuration Management of Devices & Tools, Project Management of Application Development, ITIL.
Whether it was as a Chapter Leader at Open Web Application Security Project, or an Invited Member of International Cyber Threat Task Force, or a Member of Cyber Security Forum Initiative, or a Member of Data Security Council of India – Ahmedabad Chapter, it seems every episode of his experience has been a learning adventure.