What is Hacking?
Hacking is an approach by skilled programmers to exploit a computer system or any private network & acquire unauthorised access to conduct malicious activities in order to steal sensitive Data.
What is Ethical Hacking?
Ethical hacking is an accredited operation of exploiting an Organisation’s Applications / System / Network/ IT Infrastructure & identifying illegal access taken by hackers. It is a legal method to find vulnerabilities in the system security & help in resolving possible Data Breaches / Threats in a network & save company goodwill.
Why is Ethical Hacking important?
In this World of Digitalization, every Private / Government Organisation’s Data is a very important asset & needs to be protected in order to maintain Customer’s Trust & Loyalty. Importance of Data Privacy in Business is of utmost importance.
Here are some reason on why Ethical Hacking is important for every Organisation:
- It ensures the customer that their data (Which they are providing to a company) is safe & proper privacy is maintained
- It reduces the risk of exploitation while managing, executing or implementing system networks as it helps to find vulnerabilities beforehand & rectify them
- It plays an important role in the safety & security of the country’s confidential information. Government organisation hire ethical hackers to identify person(s) doing malicious activities and prevent cyber attacks / terrorism
- It protects organisations from the person with bad intentions or willing to do something hazardous by securing important data from adversaries, thus reducing the risk of exploitation
- Its testing ensures organisations to operate their day to day operations swiftly under standard security systems
How to Learn Ethical Hacking
You can do Beginner as well as Advanced Certified Ethical Hacker Course in ahmedabad both online and offline. Cyber Octet is one such organisation that aims to empower our learners by offering various programs & seminars on Ethical Hacking. Enhance your core cyber security skill set in:
System hijacking & many more certified skills.
This will additionally help you commence in building your career by providing you a stable job.
Our best online ethical hacking course in ahmedabad will give you a chance to gain expertise on analysing Networks, System Penetration Techniques & insight on Ethical Hacking Foundation / Processes / Domain / Outcomes.
Types of Ethical Hacking
Web Application Hacking:
Web application hacking is the process of testing a computer software like chrome to find vulnerabilities in the computer software that has been recently added or modified by the organisation & could be easily exploited by the hackers.
In system hacking, hackers gain easy access to the Server / Network of the company & steal the data from the computer network. Ethical Hackers perform various password cracking and defensive techniques to protect data & counter attack on the attackers .
Web Server Hacking:
It is always advisable to not share or be extra careful while uploading your information on the web, to protect your data from web server hacking. Unethical Hackers wait for the opportunity to steal information like passwords, bank account details etc. on the web very effortlessly.
Wireless Network Hacking:
Wireless network hacking is the most common type of hacking , as it is easier for the hackers to exploit networks and communicate information from nearby locations through radio waves.
Social Engineering is all about revealing confidential information by manipulating or convincing people and gaining unauthorised access to their system for financial gain.
Types of Hackers
- White Hat / Ethical Hackers
- Black Hat Hackers
- Grey Hat Hackers
- Script Kiddies
- Green Hat Hackers
- Blue Hat Hackers
- Red Hat Hackers
- State/Nation Sponsored Hackers
Skill-set required for ethical hacking:
- Comprehensive Knowledge of Programming
- Networking skills like devices present in the network, how they are connected and how to identify faults
- Complete knowledge of Database Management Networks like SQL which might impact the day to day operations of any organisation
- Unix, linux & Windows OS knowledge
- Knowledge of Search engine & Server